Tuesday, September 13, 2011

My Action Research Plan has been approved...

After meeting with my site supervisor, the Action Research Plan that was posted last week will remain the same without any changes. Because I had great difficulty posting the table into this blog and there were no revisions or additions to its current condition, I am not re-posting the table. Please find my plan in its entirety in my previous blog thread.
I'm very appreciative of your thoughts and feedback as you read through my plan. Ruth had an excellent question regarding the use of report card data as a measurable standardized tool. In answering that question, our assessment tool for the first grade first six weeks report card is scripted; every first grader in our district will receive the same "scripted" oral performance assessment with a standardized rubric. Students will receive either an S, N, or U depending on their performance. Because it is truly a "Common Assessment" across the grade level (and the district), I feel this is a reliable tool. Great question, Ruth! Thank you for asking so that I could clarify.

No comments:

Post a Comment